Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2-Quote-Frida Kahlo

'I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint.' This quote by Frida Kahlo may not seem like the traditional inspirational quote, but for me the raw honesty mixed with hope is the best. When I hear the word sick it conveys the possibility of getting well, which not to be negative, but I see getting well as a 1% chance of happening. I am broken. I do a ton of things daily in the hope of it helping my symptoms or overall health & will continue to do so, but I know deep down that there will be a cure for cancer long before fibromyalgia. I love creating through paints, writing, drawing, etc. With my iPad I've gotten back into painting, & just the freedom of turning a watercolor blob into a flower thrills me. Taking pictures (even the saddest, bleakest ones) of myself living this life is as good as months of therapy. Kahlo's deeply personal paintings of her pain inspire me to no end. I'm so very broken, but having ways to be creative continue to help me cope, & are as close to healing as I'm going to get, & for that I'm profoundly grateful.

2 comments: