Sunday, November 4, 2012

What's your bag? Day 4

Since I'm at home all the time, my bag/purse is the space in & around my purse on my bed. I'm not specifically bed-bound, but since having anything-like the arms of chairs-touch me causes pain, the most comfortable place is in bed sitting up. That way I have a stack on pillows behind me if I do need really soft support & pillows under my knees for when I am sleeping-& they double as a make-shift tabletop, iPad holder, place setting, etc. I am addicted to lip balm, such as Burt's Bees, the Merry Hempsters, or just good old Chap Stick. A friend of mine sent me my newest obsession a year or so ago, & it now serves as my all purpose balm. It's called Smith's Rosebud Salve-it comes in an adorable tin & I use it countless times daily as hand lotion, lip balm, as a skin softening agent, the uses go on. People with fibromyalgia often have a broken pain center...for example my brain can take a fan blowing on me as a painful stimulus-or a smell like cleaning solution as an assault. This Rosebud stuff has a very slight floral fragrance but so light it doesn't set off the pain alarm in my head. Any kind of extrasensory influence can easily transform as pain, & so certain things just make life easier. At the top of my list is noise canceling earbuds/phones. When I'm in a waiting room everything hurts, so having my iPod & earphones are crucial. Even just here our backyard touches 4 other yards, so lawn mowers, weed eaters (the devil's handiwork that is!), & other lawn care things drive me nuts, so often if it gets to a certain point I put the earbuds in & tune out anything but the music to refocus. In my bag medicine goes without saying, & I keep a nasal/allergy/sinus spray since those systems work overtime fairly often. Hair clips & ponytail holders are a must, as well as tissues & a mirror. I don't wear makeup (sadly) anymore, but I tend to always need a mirror for bunny fur in my eyes. Chai bunny's mark is never far away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment