Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Memories of pictures

When I moved in with my parents 3 & 1/2 years ago, we just kept most of my things packed up & in the garage, still in boxes. I want to put all my pictures from my past travels on my sites, but cannot find the pictures...they aren't lost, but they aren't found either. I reversed a picture of me & recreated the pictures with my memories & impressions of specific times.



My 2nd year living in the Czech Republic it snowed more than it had in 50 years. I loved it-it was the winter wonderland I had always dreamed about, & I even enjoyed helping to shovel the waist deep snow.



In Melbourne, Australia, we went into the woods to a nature reserve/park off the Great Ocean Road & saw the glow worms. On a series of wooden walkways & bridges in total darkness the gow worms would glow & it looked like fireflies that instead of blinking stayed on solid. It was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen.



During a festival our school had for Halloween in Czech, we had a bonfire & told scary stories, dressed in costumes & drinking Czech beer.



Diving & swimming on the great barrier reef-the water & sky so blue it looked like a fake color it was so gorgeous. We saw a sea turtle & tons of multicolored fish...& thank god no sharks!



In a eucalyptus forest in Australia, we koala spotted loads of koala sitting in trees & it was one of the best things I've ever smelled!



A rainforest in Australia was one those places that is so perfect you try & outdo the postcard images.



On the edge of the ocean in Bali, Indonesia, drinking at a tiki bar lit up with twinkling lights.



One of the best days of my life-walking around the mining town of Ouro Preto, Brazil, choosing, designing, & getting my aquamarine ring.



Dancing & drinking in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, after having dinner & moving down a few doors away on the edge of the sea, with the nightlife creating an organic light show.



Touring ancient castle ruins around the city Liberec, Czech Republic, where I lived. I loved picturing which space would have been what room from the crumbling walls of amazing old structures.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Imagination

No comments:

Post a Comment