Sunday, May 27, 2012

Housebound holidays

So often being a sick housebound person feels really tough when everyone is at the beach, at a cookout, or at a holiday party. Granted the holiday is about the men & women who serve with honor & bravery to keep us safe-& yet we all take advantage of the awesome sales & South Park marathons. Obviously we can balance both-but being stuck at home feels like any other day. I decided to treat myself a bit, & got 7 Nordic crime ebooks discounted hugely today. I let myself relax more & enjoy marathons, & try not to feel guilty that I'm not able to work or do the things most normal people do. I also really let the thought sink in that I could be a sick person stuck in another country where I have no rights-access to medical care or help. The thought of living my life without the huge advantages I have could be a much worse life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment